Sunday, November 10, 2013

The start of the Autumn round-up!

Fibre Fest Here
So, it's been awhile since I posted! A long while... I have lots to write about, it's been a busy autumn. 
I couldn't decide what to write about first... Rhinebeck, my Hodge Podge Farm yearly residency, Vogue Knitting Chicago... So, I decided to go way back and go in chronological order. I'm going to start with the Wolfe Island Fibre Festival!
It would be great to go back with bikes.
Back in mid-September, I attended the Wolfe Island Fibre Festival with my friend, who had a booth selling her amazing fibre.
Wolfe Island is a short ferry ride from Kingston, ON. It is near the Thousand Islands and is absolutely gorgeous! The weekend of the fibre festival was also a gorgeous September weekend, we couldn't have asked for better weather.
Pretty September sunflowers in full bloom.

Andie has been working on building her amazing new line called, Well Turned Out Fibre House. She makes beautiful rolags, braids, soaps and will be adding lampwork beads to her repertoire. 
Some braids.
Pretty, pretty braids.
Wolfe Island, as I mentioned, is a beautiful little island full of farmland, beaches and quaint shops and cafes. The festival took place in a few buildings on the island and, so we got to walk around and explore.

Andie on the beach.
Stone table.
It was a welcoming, wonderful fiber-y weekend getaway! Not to mention, it was a nice break from my year-three spinning homework - which I need to get back to ( a whole other story)!

Beach-y shadow fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment