Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Making it Your Own and for Someone Special



I recently completed Tanis Fiber Art's Baby Shane Blanket. Her colours are amazing and quite "adult" for a baby blanket - which I love! I made my blanket for my little niece in strong colours in hopes that she will cherish it into adulthood and it won't look silly.



Making a project your own is very important. Adding a different edging or a special personal flare gives it a personal signature. I decided to crochet the border around the blanket instead of picking up and knitting the border. It gave it a different texture and I was able to use up every bit of the Tanis' beautiful hand dyed yarn.



It's nice to be able to make something for someone with my own hands. I thought about my niece through every stitch and was so excited to give it to her. A handmade gift no matter how big or small is like giving someone a little piece of yourself....


No comments:

Post a Comment